Our company was established in 1836 by the founder, Genzaburo Yano here in Uji Tawara. In 19th Century, Sotaro Yano, the 2nd generation tried to export Uji Tea to overseas when Japan started trading with U.S.A. Then, Yoshizo Yano, the 3rd generation expanded its business around Japan and he was awarded the several prizes in tea expositions. In 1949, the 4th Generation, Sotaro Yano established the Yanoen Corporation as a corporate organization. Since we started the wholesale business of processed tea, we have been pursuing the new possibilities of better tea by the introduction of new equipment and hygiene management while keeping tradition from a long time ago to deliver the customer satisfaction. The tea made from our experience and strict quality management is our proud and confident. As the result, we are awarded several prizes, including the prize of Minister of Agriculture, Forestry, and Fisheries and the prize of Minister of International Trade and Industry. “Make it a principle to be austere, refrain from lavish, splendid word and vanity, and imitation of somebody.” As above our company’s precepts, we would like to go forward step by step consistently without arrogance for customers and society.
Overall View of Entire Tea Plant
Yanoen's factories and facilities, designed exclusively for the manufacuturing process
Yanoen manufactured products are processed in six factories (numbered from I to VI), each of them dedicated to a different production by its needs
- 1Factory No.ⅠDedicated to the Gyokuro tea production.
- 2Factory No.ⅡDedicated to the Sencha production.
- 3Tencha Tea Finishing Factory (Factory No. I) Dedicated to the stone-grinding of Tencha to produce Matcha.
- 4Matcha Millstone Factory (Headquarter Factory)Dedicated to stone-grinding of Matcha production.
- 5Hojicha Tea Factory (Factory No. III)Dedicated to Hojicha production.
- 6Factory No. VIDedicated to the sterilization of Matcha powder.
- 7Konacha Powder FactoryDedicated to the grinding of leftover leaves of Matcha to produce Konacha.
- 8Main Office・Distribution Center (Headquarter Factory)Dedicated to the packaging of our products.
- 9Parking Lot
- 10Employee Parking Lot
- 冷RefrigeratorsThese 2 buildings are entirely refrigirated to protect the products, for a total of 4 refrigerators.